This is my very first post and i am a bit apprehensive Mango is my favorite fruit , my son can eat anything with mango in it . Being an Indian I am in love with the Indian Alphonso mangoes , some of my friends ask me how do we buy mangoes all I have to say is smell them if they have a sweet fragrance that is what you wanna get . The other day my hubby had gone for a conference to Hilton when he came back he was telling me about this fantastic mango mousse he had there . I was looking for a recipe when I came across one on BBC by Anjum Anand which I then altered to make it easy for me . It is light and refreshing dessert and very easy to make.
Less than 20 mins preparation time
Over 4- 6 hours setting time
- 2 large Alphonso mangoes, stones and skins removed, flesh chopped (about 450g mango flesh, frozen or canned mango pulp can also be use)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 100g sugar
- 2 egg whites, whisked until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed
- 180ml double cream, whipped until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed
- Blend the mango flesh to a purée in a food processor. add sugar and blend again. Stir in the lime juice.
- Fold one third of the whipped cream into the mango mixture until well combined.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and the egg white mixture and gently fold the into the mango mixture until well combined
- Spoon the mousse in individual serving glasses or a large serving dish and keep in the refrigrator for 4-6 hours to set