Peanut butter is something that I do not relish ( I know weird isn’t it ) so when I saw Rachel Allen make it on her TV show I never ever thought of trying it ., but the other day I saw some peanut butter in my ladder and thought of giving it a try. surprisingly it turned out very well .It was absolutely effortless . I did not have crunchy peanut butter so I added some roasted peanuts I had. Once out of the oven they were divine on their own but with ice-cream yummmm. My white chocolate had coconut so my blondies had a lovely flavors of peanuts and coconut.All my friends who tasted it enjoyed and my darling son could not keep his hands off .
If this is the very first time you are baking believe me it will come out perfect .Do try without any hesitation ,I assure you of great results .I am also an ameture baker .
Prep time:15 min
Cook time:30 min
Serves:12 small squares
creamed butter , peanut butter and sugar
blondie dough ready to go in the oven
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Butter the sides of a 20 x 20cm square cake tin .
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg ,roasted peanuts and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.
4. Place the dough into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into squares.