Cookies… just the name will make anyones mouth water ,everyone has some cookie they just can’t resist. I need one with my morning cup of coffee to keep me going through the morning madness.
Cookies appear to have their origins in 7th century Persia shortly after the use of sugar became relatively common in the region.They then spread to Europe . By the 14th century, they were common. Most common modern cookie, given its style by the creaming of butter and sugar, was not common until the 18th century.
Cookies can be made with array of ingredients. This is medley of my favorite flavors , having experimented with different things this is my best combination. Cookies with oats are a bit soft not biscity so i prefer to bake them full 15 mins. I used ground ginger powder.
Makes : 6 biscuits
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120g plain flour
- 200g oats
- 80g sugar (brown, granulated or caster )
- 50g sweet cranberries
- 1 tbsp ginger powder or freshly grated root ginger
- Gently melt butter and honey together.
- Take off heat and add bicarbonate of soda.
- In a bowl, put flour, oats ,cranberries ,ginger and sugar.
- Add and stir in the liquid mixture and allow to cool slightly.
- Place equal knobs of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with aluminium foil and flatten slightly.
- Bake on middle shelf for 12-15 minutes in preheated moderate oven (180 C / Gas 4).
- Leave to cool until cold before gobbling up!