Summer is here and what better than frozen treats. I remember one summer when my darling son was 4 year old , we went to a park on the banks of Thames near London Eye. He was playing and saw another kid with an ice cream cone , his reaction was so cute that I will never ever forget it.He came running to me rubbing his tummy and licking his lips and said mummy I am very hungry.
I guess that is a reaction from people of all ages for ice-cream. We as adults want to resist them for the calories ,here is a simple treat to indulge with half the calories of ice cream.The tangyness of yogurt is balanced by the sweetness of roasted bananas.
Extra time:5-6 hr freezing
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 330g dark brown soft sugar(muscovado sugar)( caster should also be alright )
- 900g plain Greek yogurt (hung curd)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Line a 20cm tin with foil. Peel the bananas and cut lengthways. Place bananas in the tin and cover with the brown sugar. Bake until the sugar melts and the banana is soft and roasted.
- Reserve 1 banana and transfer the others along with the melted sugar to a large bowl. Mix in the yogurt , coconut and the vanilla. Pour yogurt in the box and freeze it.
- Remove from freezer after 2 hrs churn in a blender. Add the reserved banana and freeze again , this will ensure you have some chunks of banana in the frozen yogurt. Enjoy it!