This is a very delicious salad recipe I picked from a friend . Pomelo is a citrus fruit from South and South East Asia. More sweet than sour, with juicy meat and pulp, Pomelos have 0% fat and 72 calories per cup/190 grams. Most notable, pomelos are loaded with antioxidants that are believed to help slow down the aging process and protect against some diseases – including heart disease and cancer – as they help rid the body of free radicals.
Pomelos are available at most Asian or Latin American markets throughout the year. Choose firm, heavy fruits.
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes or 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 250 g salt roasted peanuts
- 1tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Cut and peel the Pomelo . Chop the peppers and tomatoes (not if you are using cherry tomatoes) a.nd mix them with the pomelo in a bowl
- For the dressing mix sweet chilli sauce and garlic and pour over the salad.
- Just before serving add peanuts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.