The most simplest and quickest cookies , they are a life saver specially when my son forgets to tell me about the bake sale in school but remembers it at the last minute and doesn’t want to go without a contribution. I make cookies from half the dough and then add 1 tbsp cocoa powder to the remaining dough and made some chocolate chocolate chip cookies and some by blending the 2 dough.
- 25g caster sugar
- 115g butter
- 75g soft brown sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 150g chocolate chips of your choice
- 150g plain flour
- pinch of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 175 C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper or aluminum foil.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla to the mixture and mix well.
- Next add the chocolate chips and mix together to ensure they are well distributed.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together, and add a little at a time to the mixture, until a soft dough is formed. You should be able to mould the dough into shapes without it being too sticky, if it is sticky, add a tablespoon of flour each time to get it the right consistency.
- Roll an amount into a ball about the size of a walnut and softly press down onto the baking sheet. Don’t place cookies too close together as they do spread.
- Cook for about 10 – 12 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, they will still be quite soft, leave for a while on the tray until they start to harden, then move to a cooling rack.