Perfect summer salad u can take it as packed lunch or for a picnic. It is served cold and is very refreshing. Gazapacho is a cold soup widely consumed in Spain and Portugal. This is a twist to the soup I used frozen mixed vegetables. and added them to boiling pasta for the last 2 mins which defrosted them. Corriander or parsley can also be added according to your taste. It might look like there is lot of liquid in the salad when you make it but the pasta absorbs most of the liquid by the time you serve it. If you do not have tomato juice or a can of tomatoes at hand , boil 4-5 medium sized tomatoes for 6 mins let them cool . remove the skin and blend in with a cup of water. This salad tasted even better the next day.
- 225g fusilli pasta
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1 cup mixed boiled vegetables (carrots, peas, sweet corn and beans)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tsbp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 350 ml tomato juice (1 can peeled tomatoes in puree blendeed)
- Cook fusilli according to package instructions; drain.
- In large bowl combine pasta, onion, peppers, mixed boiled vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, oil, salt, garlic, lime juice, black pepper and tomato juice. Toss well and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. Toss again before serving.