It has been almost 4 weeks since my last post , I do apologize for it. I was on a long holiday but now am back refreshed and rejuvenated. This is my favorite cake very moist and flavorful. It has been a great hit with my friends whenever I baked it. It has olive oil instead of butter. nutmeg and cinnamon flavor are perfectly complimented by orange flavor in the cream cheese icing from orange zest.
This is a foolproof recipe for the best tasting carrot cake ever! It’s moist, tender and oh-so-delicious.
- 125ml olive oil
- 110g dark brown soft sugar (muskovado )
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 90g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 125g grated carrot
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 125g cream cheese
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- grated orange peel of 2 orange
- Preheat oven 200 C. Lightly grease and line a cake tin.
- Combine oil, sugar and eggs in bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into egg mixture. Stir in carrots and walnuts and mix well.
- Spoon the cake batter into tin and bake for 25 minutes or until browned and skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and icing sugar until well combined add grated orange peel. Spread over the cake.