This is a simple rice recipe which is low fat and super easy to make. If u like it can be served with cheese . the recipe calls for passata which means tomato puree , you could use home made puree if u do not have passata .5-6 ripe red tomatoes need to be washed and boiled for 5 minutes, remove skin and puree in a blender.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 350g long grain rice
- 225g passata ( tomato puree )
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 950ml water
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil. Add chopped garlic saute for about 30 seconds then add onion and saute for about 2 mins, add green pepper and saute again for 2 mins.
- Now add rice and saute rice in the oil for 2 mins.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir in passata, salt,sugar, pepper and cumin. Stir in water. Cover and cook till rice is done about 15-20 mins.