I love this okra sabji my mum used to make often when I was young . It is easy and delicious way of making okra. I would suggest that okra be washed and thoroughly dried with a dish cloth and left for about an hour so that it dries completely before u cut it otherwise it tends to get slimy .
- 500g okra
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 tbsp corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 4 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Cut head and tail of ladyfingers. Cut each into two or three pieces depending on the size.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and saute till pinkish in colour.
- Add tumeric , red chili powder, and corriander powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add tomtoes and fry for 3-4 mins till they soften.
- Add okra and then salt. Cook uncovered for 8-9 mins till okra is tender.