Simple and quick salad which is also very filling. I love to mop the juices of the salad with a crusty bread makes a hearty meal. I used lite feta to keep the calories in check. I did not have olives , but they make the salad a bit more delicious. If you want then add a handful of Kalamata olives
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper,sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, green,yellow and orange pepper, cucumber, onion, and feta cheese.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and let sit for 30 minutes to blend flavours.