Cinnamon is my son’s latest favourite flavour. He has been after me forong to make cinnamon cookies or cinnamon buns. I searched high and low for a simple cookie recipe and lo and behold I found it on canadianliving.com, here it is. Hope you enjoy these delicious cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1/4 pkg (250 g pkg) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk, warmed
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture in 3 additions.
- Divide dough in half; shape into discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.) Let stand at room temperature until soft enough to roll out, about 15 minutes.
- Between waxed paper or cling wrap, roll out 1 disc of dough to 12- x 10-inch (30 x 25 cm) rectangle.Cinnamon Sugar:
- Combine sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread half evenly onto rectangle. Starting at long side, roll up dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices; place, cut side down and 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, at 200 C oven until pale golden on bottoms and edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute on pans on racks; transfer to racks and let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Cream Cheese Glaze: Combine cream cheese, icing sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled cookies.