An easy yet delicious dessert that can be made a day ahead of your dinner party. It has a tangy flavour from cream cheese and yet it’s smooth and creamy. One of my friends had made this and was kind to share it. Thank you darling Shagufta for this fast easy and delicious dessert. This dessert is at loved by all.
1 1/2 cups (150) grams digestive biscuits (crushed)
2 tbsp granulated white sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
227 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 can cherry pie filling
1. In a large bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a well greased 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) tart pan with removable bottom. (A spring form pan can also be used. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and about one inch (2.5 cm) up the sides of the pan.)
3.Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
1. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the vanilla extract.
3. In a clean bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
4.Gradually fold or beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Pour the filling over the chilled graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
6. Cover and place in the refrigerator for about an hour and then spread the cherry pie filling over the filling.
7.Return to the refrigerator to chill for several hours, or even overnight.